Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy Halloween











For Halloween this year I made us all costumes from Peter Pan. Lydia was Wendy, Lacey - Tinker Bell, Luke - Peter Pan, Jason - Captain Hook and I was Tiger Lily the Indian princess. Sorry it has taken so long to get the pictures on the computer but we got a new camera and I didnt' know how to get the pictures on the computer. I thought that I could do it without Jason's help but it didn't happen. I was getting frustrated, but in the end I had to wait for Jason's help. It took forever because he has been sick for 2 weeks, thank goodness he is getting better!!! He had an ear infection and the first antibiotic didn't take care of the problem, so on Monday he started a new one and it is working great now!!


We had a very fun Halloween. We had a party at my In-laws' house the night before, so we got to dress up twice. The kids had fun, and it was fun to see everyone. Then on Halloween, Jason and I both had to work, but Jason ended up getting off at 4 instead of 7 and so he got to take the kids trick-or-treating. They had so much fun. I got off work early as well. I got off at 6:30 so I got to see the end of the trick-or-treating. The kids loved the candy!! We ended at my parents house for scones. It was great fun!! After we left my parents we went to Jason parents house for a little bit.


The funniest story: when we were getting ready to leave Nana's house, we found Luke and Lacey at the bottom of the stairs with the candy bowl dumped on the floor, and they were stuffing the candy down their shirts. It was so funny and cute. They didn't know whether they were going to be in trouble or not. It was great. It was all in the clothes!! When we stood them up, the candy fell out all over the floor. So much for that great idea!! We were trying to determine who the master-mind of this great heist was, and we think that it must have been Lacey. She is a little more adventurous than Lukey, who is more of a follower.


7 comments:

Marcie Kump said...

The costumes are so cute!!!! I love it.

Jeff and I were laughing about the twins trying to steal all the candy. That is too funny.

Our Family said...

I am glad that you finally posted the pictures! That is a great story!

Shelly Beth said...

You did such a great job with the costumes! Where are you working? Still the same place? I thought you worked mornings sometimes. Anyways, looks like you guys had fun. Luke and Lacey are too funny!

Amy said...

Love the costumes! I wish I could make all my family's costumes. You are so talented! Loved the story of the candy stuffers! That is too funny. Gotta love kids and the way they think.

zana said...

kristin
i am so impressed you MADE all those costumes!! gosh you are such an amazing mom!!..it reminds me of your mother!!! love all the pics...look like you guys are having so much fun...oh yeah almost forgot can you give me your moms address..i need to send her a thank you...just put in on my blog..thanks girlie..xoxo

thebirdflock said...

Hi Kristin,

I found your blog by blog hopping off of my sister's blog. It is great to see what a cute family you have. I love the Halloween costumes. You are so talented. I wish I was that creative. Congrats on the nursing school. That is awesome. It is nice to see you are doing so well:)
Ami Bird (Kylie's sister)
P.S. We have a blog too, www.thebirdflock.blogspot.com

Emily in Wonderland said...

I LOVE the costumes! Peter Pan is my FAVORITE Disney movie! I LOVE it. I am so jealous! I haven't dressed up for Halloween since 8th grade. I am lame.