Friday, September 25, 2009

On September 11th this year Darik, Amanda, Brady, Kate, and I went and hiked Mount Timpanogos (Timp). Even though we have all lived here our whole lives, none of us had done this hike before -- though Darik had done about 75% of it. Timp is such a beautiful mountain. It's no wonder that it is Utah's most hiked peak. One of the most physically exhausting things I have ever done, it was still well worth it. I loved every minute of this hike. Pictures can not do the beauty justice. It took us a lot longer to get to the summit than any of us were expecting. I called Kristin from the top (@ about 4:15 pm) and she was NOT happy. I must say that her anger was justified though, she thought that I would be home soon - nope! We ended up not getting off the mountain till around 9 pm. The next day I was pretty sore, but the day after that I just wanted to do the hike again; it was so awesome! I can't wait to do it again, and hopefully I can convince my wife to hike it with me some day.
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! that is quite the accomplishment! The pictures are beautiful!

Analeis Paul said...

Congratulations on making it up all the way! I personally have NO desire to hike it, but I like looking all the pictures. It makes me feel like I've "almost" done.

Lynnette said...

Congratulations, you guys!!! I've heard it's a really good work-out, but well worth it! Glad you had a good time :)