Friday, May 30, 2008

Honey Bun Cake



I made this Cake that is so good! I loved it. It is very easy and great!! The kids helped me make it and it turned out well, even though I used fat free sour cream Here is the recipe so that you can try it. Shirlene made it on Monday and it was excellent I had to make it again. Just so you know we didn't eat the whole thing. I gave half of it away to some people I was bring dinner to, or else I would have eatten it all myself!!
Honey Bun Cake
1 package yellow cake mix (18.25-oz)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 (8-oz) container sour cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
glaze:2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
(note: I make a half-recipe of the glaze if I'm making this cake in a bundt pan)Preheat oven to 325In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs and sour cream. Stir by hand approx 50 strokes, or until most large lumps are gone. Spray pan (bundt or 9x13) with Pam. Pour half of the batter into the baking dish.
Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon (and nuts, if using) and sprinkle over the batter in the cake pan. Spoon the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar mixture. Twirl the cake with a butter knife until it looks like a honey bun (I skip this step).Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Frost cake while it is still fairly hot. Serve warm.To make frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.

No comments: