Sunday, October 12, 2008

Update!

Let see where to begin.......Lots of stuff has been happening and I have been very busy lately that is why I haven't been so good at posting, sorry for all those faithfully blog checkers out there hopefully I will be better.

About 2 months ago I miscarried at 10 weeks, It was very hard both Physically and emotionally. It has been very hard for me, but things are getting better. I was due the second week in March and it was going to be prefect. I would have been Pregnant in the winter and it would have worked out just right for our flex spending. ( We took out $5000 dollars for our flex spending for Jason Lasik but then he wasn't a candidate and then he thought that he would have this other eye surgery that they implant this contact in your eyes, but we didn't feel good about that. Then when we got pregnant it would have use most of the money.....but now I guess we will have to use it another way. We have used alot it but still have a little less then half left to use before March 17, or else we loose it.) But I guess now it will workout in different ways. During the time I was pregnant I gained lots of weight, my house fell apart and I didn't feel good at all. So now I'm trying to loose my weight before I get pregnant again, and hopefully this next time, I will not gain so much weight so soon into my pregnancy. I have lost 7.2 pounds in 7 weeks, so only another lot to go. But I'm determined to loose this weight. Now my clothes are starting to fit so that makes me happy!!!!

My house is still trying to get back to normal. I really could use a housekeeper (but no, that is not going to be happening anytime soon!!!!!) So I just need to figure it out. I have been doing lots of reading so I think I have something that will work. I will let you know in a few weeks how that is going. Jason and I have started to clean the window blinds that are nasty!!! We have the living room ones done and are working on the bay window by the back door. I know it is not that many but it is a step in the right direction!! My little Lydia is such a big help and Luke and Lacey are starting to be helpers as well.

We started doing preschool again. All three of the kids are in preschool, (well I teach them preschool on Monday and Wednesday for 2 hours with there cousins Ben) It is going well. I really like teaching them. But it is lots of work, but it is worth it to me, and very rewarding to see them learning. Lydia starts kindergarten in the fall and she is growing up so much every day.

I just got back from a trip to Rexburg Idaho to see my cousin get married in the Rexburg Idaho temple. It was sweet service and a very nice temple. It bought back lots of memories of being up there for school. It was 35 degrees up there with a windchill of I don't know but it felt so cold. One of the many reasons I didn't like it up there. Oh, so windy. It has grow so much since I was there 7 years ago. I can't not believe how much it has changed!!! It actually had restaurants and lots of new stores since I was there. Housing has changed tons!! I did have fun up there, but it wasn't for me. I did have fun going back and looking at things there. I don't think that I would like to live there but a short visit was good.

Brittany looked so pretty on her wedding day. When I get pictures from my mom I will post them. I went all by myself with my parents and the kids stayed home with Jason. Jason says they had lots of fun together. But we missed each other lots and the kids are still alive although they have colds now and everyone isn't feeling that great. Hopefully they will start feeling better soon. I hate it when they are sick!!

9 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

Thanks for the update for all your constant blog-checkers out there like me! I am sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned and that you had a struggle...I can't imagine and it just breaks my heart. But I am glad to hear that you are doing positive things with what you have been given and that you are doing better! I am so glad that you are doing preschool with the kids. How is it going? What are you doing with them? Don't they just grow up so fast!? I want to talk to you. When is the best time to call?

Christina said...

Kristin, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I went through that too before Corban and it was really tough on me too. I wish I could give you a hug!

I am home preschooling Corban too. Not sure if you saw my blog or not but I am doing a little every day through a site called Brightly Beaming and then doing a coop with a few friends on Tuesday morning. It can be work, I bet it is a lot of work with all 4 of the kids! But it's worth it. I love spending the time with Corban and helping him learn. Let me know if you come up with any cool arts or activities =)

I tagged you! You get to write 7 interesting things about you and then tag 7 people =)

Linda said...

The weekend was great! :)

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Good for you for writing such a nice long update!

I am so sorry about the baby. You just have to hang in there and know it wasn't meant to be. Your baby is still coming and will come when it is time. Paitence is a virture!

Preschool is excellent! I bet you are a good teacher! Lydia needs to learn alot this year so she can be at the topof her class in kindergarten next year!! LOL

I remember when you were at Rexburg and you emailed me or wrote me a letter and you were all confused about ice on the ground or on car windows or something and you were all "What is that?!" LOL

Christina said...

Emily it was ice on the windshields LOL I remember Kristin and the ice on the windshields too! You crack me up Kristin!

Amy said...

I am glad you had a nice weekend and Jason watched the kids. It is always nice to get away. I am glad you are doing better, I had no idea about the miscarriage. It truly is I think one of the hardest things a woman can go through but in the end, you learn alot about yourself and you grow. I wish you the best of luck!

Kristy said...

I was so happy to hear that you were pregnant, but very sad when we found out you lost it. We would have been due around the same time. Im sure your little one will come soon!! :0)
It was a shock for us to find out we were expecting because I had the IUD. Surprise!! lol.

Farr Family said...

Kristin- I am truly so sorry. We know how hard a time this is. We are still trying to move on. You are a great mom with amazing kids. I love your blog!!
Kimberly

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. That must have been so hard and probably still is. How fun to get away and visit Idaho. I agree...it is way too cold there. Good luck with the pre-school.