Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lacey's Big Fall






After we went to dinner, we went back to get the kids then that is when it happened. I picked up Lacey and was giving her hugs, she said that she was hungry and Nana had made them grilled cheese sandwiches, so I put her on the tall barstool so that she could eat. She was standing up, and then she said that she was thirsty so I went around the bar to get her a drink when I heard this huge loud smack followed by a scream out of Lacey I have never heard before. She was freaking out crying. She landed on her head and had huge bump on her head. She fell about 4 feet onto the hardwood floor. Jason and Kelly gave her a blessing right away, then we took her to the ER. She was falling asleep hard to wake up; you could get her to wake up if you yelled at her right in her face. At the ER she slept they did a CT, everything looked to be ok. Right before we were leaving Lacey throw up all over me and it was lots of fun. We ended up spending a good 3 hours there, fun huh, not really what I wanted to do, but at least We got to watch the Jazz loose. After the ER we went to Nan’s to get the other two kids, then came home. Jason was getting Lacey ready for bed, he took her in the bathroom and she threw up again all over. It was so sick. Jason was so good; he took care of all of it. So nice of him!! I had to keep waking Lacey up to make sure she would wake up and check her pupils. I had to do that every 3 hours. Then at 3:30 she came in my room. Not so fun. Jason couldn't go back to sleep after that. I got Lacey back to sleep, but not Jason he ended up reading his book till time to get up at 5:00 am. So I was very tired and not so much fun. Wednesday my birthday wasn’t fun in the morning. With Jason gone at work, I got all the kids in the bath. Lacey wasn't feeling great. After I got them all dressed, I bought them all done stairs, Lacey was saying that she was going to throw up. So I put her in the Rocking Chair with Lydia with a Blanket and a bowl. I really didn't think that she would. I turn on the cartoon, so I could get in the shower, because I was going to go to Lunch with my mom, Shirlene, Leslie, and Liz. So I went up stairs, getting ready to get into he shower when I hear Lydia yelling mom we need you. I run down stairs. Sure enough Lacey had thrown up mostly in the bowl, but some missed and got the blanket and her. So got her all cleaned up and then got ready and left. I took Luke and Lydia to my dads and I took Lacey with me because she wasn't acting well. We had lots of fun at lunch and Lacey eat a ton, and she keep it all down. By the end of lunch, she was acting like herself again. By the time I got home she was so tired she slept for 3 hours. She woke up happy as can be, back to her self. Yeah....I was so happy. It was about 4 and I had to leave to go to take the kids to Nan's so I could go to work. Then the doorbell rang, and it was Jason. He was able to get off early. He had a piece of cake and a balloon. What a sweet guy. I love you. I was so happy. He made it all perfect! It turned out to be a pretty good day, even though I was tired.

4 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

How scary! So glad she is OK. I am glad you had a nice birthday. Those specialty drinks look amazing! Hope Lacey stays herself :)

Amy said...

Wow, what a crazy night and day for you. You were so calm. I would have been a nervous wreck. Glad Lacey is feeling better!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday! The excitement never ends for you guys!

the DeCampos Family said...

Oh my goodness. Poor Lacey. They had to really hurt. Glad she is feeling better. And Happy Birthday. Your birthday dinner looks yummy even though i HATE seafood. Oh and you look great. Keep up the good work!